Friday, November 7, 2014

Trenching...




I am mighty certain many of you folks are wondering where I'm going with this. Well, for those of you who aint from the south, you may not have an affection for crawfish, but where I been down in the dirty south, they take them water bugs (in the west they call them craw dads) mix them with some amazing seasonings, boil them up, and make the most nasty looking water bugs taste amazing! I aint joking neither.
Anywho, the other day, I was sharing some of my southern culture with Audrey and Pablo. Course Pablo aint really one for bugs, he flails his hands and gags when I eat them craw fish. Audrey on the other hand didn't believe me. So I taught her how to trench. Here's what ya'll need to know about trenching, tie a fishing line with three or four hooks on it. Then take a really greasy piece of bacon and snag it on each hook. Once you've set your line, try trench in clear waters so you can see them water bugs come out of their holes and latch onto your bacon. But if all you got is muddy water like the Mississippi, then what you do is pull your line up on occasion to check it out. Now I aint never seen a water bug that could refuse a good piece of bacon, so you should have no problem getting craw fish. Once you get your score, throw 'em in the pot, add a little cajun spice, tabasco sauce, 1 egg, a pinch of coco, tuna fish oil, and a couple of strips of bacon. Don't pay no mind if them water bugs starts hissing, that's just what they do before they turn bright red and roast out. 
Now you gotta figure out how to eat them red devils. This here is where I lost Audrey. She don't like watching me tear their tails off and chew them up, but that's how it's done. Sides, once they are boiled, them tails come right off. All thats left is cracking them claws open and sucking that tender meat.  Give it a go and let me know.

GETTA BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment