Saturday, February 14, 2015

Took my own advice...

Picked me up a copy of Harry Potter at a second hand book store. Just started reading about that little fella. I never have been much of a reader, but so many people have told me to read it, I decided I might as well give it a go. So far I'm only in chapter one. Man back in my day, if there was a book about Witches and Warlocks, the local Christian congregations would protest you, burn your book, and brand you a servant of Satan. I suppose things have changed quite a bit. I often find remnants of those days frozen in little towns. You can see the faded coke signs for a quarter. Or a picture of a Hershy bar for a quarter. Sometimes I stumble on an empty gas station where a sign marks gas at 99 cents a gallon. Cant hardly believe those days are gone. Things have got so expensive these days its hard to believe anyone can afford anything. I mean does anyone even own an "A-Team" t-shirt anymore? Do ya'll know who, "Rocky" was? Ever heard of a Vietnam legend named, "Rambo?" If you haven't, you ought to. Well, I gotta get on out. Ya'll take care.

Don't forget to drink your Ovalten and #gettabook: P&P

No comments:

Post a Comment