Sunday, February 15, 2015
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Picked me up a copy of Harry Potter at a second hand book store. Just started reading about that little fella. I never have been much of a reader, but so many people have told me to read it, I decided I might as well give it a go. So far I'm only in chapter one. Man back in my day, if there was a book about Witches and Warlocks, the local Christian congregations would protest you, burn your book, and brand a servant of Satan. I suppose things have changed quite a bit. I often find remnants of those days frozen in little towns. You can see the faded coke signs for a quarter. Or a picture of a Hershy bar for a quarter. Sometimes I stumble on an empty gas station where a sign marks gas at 99 cents a gallon. Cant hardly believe those days are gone. Things have got so expensive these days its hard to believe anyone can afford anything. I mean does anyone even own an "A-Team" t-shirt anymore? Do ya'll know who, "Rocky" was? Ever heard of a Vietnam legend named, "Rambo?" If you haven't, you ought to. Well, I gotta get on out. Ya'll take care.
Don't forget to drink your Ovalten and #gettabook: P&P
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Well if that don't beat all! Sara went and done it again. She got me in yet another bookstore!
3457 McHenry Ave, Modesto, CA 95350
P&P got placed at the YA section. If ya'll can't get on down to the bookstore, you could always getta book here: P&P
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
You ever seen a man so mad he wants to punch you? This typically happens at sporting events. Sporting events like the Super bowl. This story begins with me and Pablo watching the Super Bowl at a classy joint called, "Apple Bees." To begin with, I'm a might confused with my good buddy Pablo, considering he was a Seahawks fan last year. We both up and switched our team from Bronco's to Seahawks after a long debate about our loyalty to a team that was never going to have another John Elway. Dude made that team! Know what I mean? Anyways, I decided to up and switch teams this year after a general consensus and merge of ideals. Now I don't exactly know for sure what happened, but Pablo up and switched sides on me at the last minute. I suppose that's because the sports bar we was in was full of fans wearing Patriots parofanilia. Anywho, whatever his reasoning, he became a die hard fan. I gotta be honest, that up and pissed me off! Well, long story short, the more emphatic my best bud was for the other team, the more mad I got. I didn't lose my cool (probably cause my beer goggles was low) but I did end up making a wager I now regret. I bet Pablo the Seahawks was going to win. He took my bet, but since money is a scarce resource, we bet on the only abundance we have.... hair. As ya'll know, my Hawks lost... and with them, I lost my full head of hair and all my facials. I aint gonna be puttin up pics for awhile since I feel like a shaved bear. Anywho, after my public humiliation, Pablo said one of the dumbest things I ever heard him say. He said, "I wasn't going to collect on the bet. I don't know what happened. Those guys got me all riled up and now... you're ugly!" So happy Super bowl ya'll.
Friday, January 30, 2015
I always hear that song, "Baby don't hurt me... no more." LOL So now that Audrey is in school and needs a place to settle down for awhile, I find myself doing what I always dreaded.... settlin down. The thought of staying in just one place long enough for it to be permanent scares the bajeebies out of me. Things have sort of changed for us though. In fact... I've changed. I never thought I'd say this, but having Audrey around has made Pablo and I better men. We smile when she tells us about her day. We frown when she tells us about boys she likes. When she cries on account of someone being mean to her, I find great comfort in telling her that everything is going to be all right. I swear its times like those that I hurt worse than she hurts. On the flip side of that coin, I feel like I get more happiness when she's happy. I know none of this makes sense, but that's the enigma of love. You can't really define it and you can never predict who you're going to have it for. I got love for Pablo (how could you not?) and Audrey, and they got love for me.
For example, you might have love for a child, a wife, a friend, a pet. Anywho, I'm gettin gushy. Here's the deal... LOVE ROCKS! Now GETTA BOOK!
Thursday, January 22, 2015
This here is a fine book store. Leigh's Favorite Books has some great books. And my book just got added to their bookshelves.
You can find it right next to Harry Potter.
Best part is, it's right next door to Bookasaurus.
So if you want to pick up some kids books, go next door and get your youngens some good stories.
Sunday, January 18, 2015
Here's 4 things I think ya'll ought to know that will help you:
1) Don't devalue yourself. I know it's easy to focus on your weaknesses, but ya'll gotta try and focus on your strengths. Christopher Columbus never would have made it to the America's with doubt in his sails. John Wayne once said, "Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid!" Being stupid is telling yourself what you suck at 24/7. Just don't do it. If you want to discover the America's, you gotta have an unyielding belief... some call that faith.
2) Know what opportunity looks like. I bet when Steve Jobs and Bill Gates was first starting out, no one knew how successful them boys was going to be. In fact, if you look at their pictures in their youth, them fellas look like a couple damn hippies. I bet no one knew that opportunity for Steve Jobs was going to India for a year. I bet even fewer people knew what opportunity looked like when he got back and got to work on keyboards in his garage. I bet people started seeing opportunity when it moved out of the garage, got an investor, and started making mad sales. I bet folks truly knew what it looked like when it was in a four story building and cruising in a BMW. By then, most people who could have made mad wealth were gone. They already made their mind up on who Steve Jobs was and that opportunity just passed them by. Same story goes for Bill Gates. When he dropped out of Harvard and moved into a motel in New Mexico, I bet he never thought he would be one of Harvard's most successful Alumni. I bet people around him thought he was crazy, but the truth is, those who knew he wasn't harnessed that opportunity and made mad money doing it. Point of all this... don't judge a book by it's cover!
3) Build value where value players exist. I got a lot of people telling me I aint never going to be able to get my book on a shelf. Them are folks I won't never work with. It's like Joe Dirt said, "you can't have no in your heart!" What if Thomas Edison had no in his heart? Think the light bulb would have got invented? Or motion pictures? Or the radio? Or most electronic devices? Aint now way! Even cell phones require a battery.
4) When you find value players, build value with them. All these men I've highlighted had value. Someone saw their vision and built value with them. By value, I mean if Thomas Edison is working on something called a light bulb and needs zinc and glass, you get that man zinc and glass. If Steve Jobs has a vision about a touch screen device that does a gazillion things, you best start seeing what he's projecting, lest opportunity pass you up. If a nerdy little Harvard dropout starts talking about something crazy called software, I highly suggest you learn about it and get the man what he needs. Course this is hindsight and I know ya'll are going to say it's impossible to know, but the truth is, some people knew and built a crap ton of wealth. That right there is what I'm talking about!
Whew, that was a mouth full. I gotta go, but I hope ya'll like what we talked about here. Go check out my book! Prince & Princess.
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
I don't give no two craps about New Years. Sure it's tons of fun drinking yourself stupid. It's also bunches of fun getting the beer goggles on and kissing some random chick! But since I aint been able to do that in years, I'm gonna have to say... it sorta sucks! However, in that righteous spirit of setting goals, I got some new ones. Please see below:
1) Re-evaluate my position on God (Audrey is a might convincing)
2) Let my daughter know I love her (even if she aint really my daughter)
3) Get my book in every bookstore and supermarket on either side of the Mississippi.
4) Make bank selling my books on Amazon.
5) Drink less... fish more!
Pretty short list, but goals is hard to make and harder to keep. I think I'll keep it loosey goosey! Have a good un!
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
I aint exactly one for Christmas. It just seems like such a crock. Here are a couple of good reasons why I aint a Holiday cheer mister.
1) If you are Christian, and you read them scriptures, answer me how lambs was being born in the winter. It just don't happen. For that reason, it's pretty dang obvious this holiday is celebrated at a time when it shouldn't be. Don't that seem obvious Christmas is a fraud?
2) Santa Claus. I aint gonna dive too deep into this one, but come on ya'll. Does it seem right we push Mr. C on kids? I don't really think so. Course, if he'd bring me a gift, I might change my mind.
3) Corporations and Government need a holiday to stimulate the economy. I mean heck, most businesses project future earnings based off Christmas sales right? Don't that say it's all about the Benjamin's and not about Christ?
For these reasons, I'm not a huge fan of Christmas. Course that don't stop Pablo and Audrey from celebrating, but as far as this grinch is concerned... I aint a believer. That's not to say Nerd Chick aint hard at work. If you look below, I did get a gift from that beautiful girl who is a Nerd... and a Chick. Check it out... If ya'll live in the Berkley area, you can go and get my book at Pegasus now. I can't tell you how glad I am that Pegasus in my book is at Pegasus book stores! That freaking rocks!
Pretty easy to see this joint from the street. Just look for a big orange banner.
I really like their brand! I wish Nerd Chick would have shot me a pic of this neon sign at night.
Anyway, just go on in and you'll see it right next to them Harry Potter books. Have yew a good un and remember...
Friday, December 12, 2014
Pablo cracks me up. This dude does the craziest things. I'm gonna narrate this fine specimen like the discovery channel does with wild animal shows. Just read the following with a british accent:
Here we have Pablo, a man of mystery and adventure. This fine specimen falls into the category of "lone wanderer." He fancies travel, warm meals, and dry places to rest his weary head. Though seemingly lost, Pablo is never lost. When asked where he is he always responds with a sure answer, "America!" With a thick hispanic accent and features to match many south Americans, one might think Pablo is from South or Central America. A fun fact about this type of wanderer is that you will be hard pressed to discover his native lands. When asked where he's from, he responds, "South of here." A fine specimen of this sort will never reveal his actual origins for fear of deportation. Same goes for his present local.
Here we see the determined man forming a circle in the ice. Why would this man of wonder pound through the ice? Perhaps he is driven by hunger? After all, wanderers such as him feed off a steady diet of fish. Or perhaps he wants to take a bath? Or maybe he is driven by fear? One can only imagine what is running through Pablo's mind as he hacks his way through the frozen layers.
Determined as ever, the flannel back will repeat blow after blow, while others around him use more efficient devices like gas powered ice drills. None the less, the proud male chipperly chips, and chips away.
When his metal hatchet fails him, he resorts to other hard objects like rocks. However, Pablo soon learns that ice on a lake can freeze deeper than four inches.
After a quick assessment, the determined hacker seems proud of the circle that has not punched through the ice nor does it seem to serve any purpose. What could be this man's motive? Is he making art? Does this hole serve some grand ritual purpose?
YES! YES IT DOES! While the rest of us fish for food, and struggle to survive... Pablo fishes for ice cold beer. I can never actually tell if he's just foolin' around or if his meanderings have purpose. As you can see in this instance, Pablo's got purpose... ice cold beer. Until we meet next week...