Sunday, January 18, 2015

Couple things ya'll ought to know...


Here's 4 things I think ya'll ought to know that will help you:

1) Don't devalue yourself. I know it's easy to focus on your weaknesses, but ya'll gotta try and focus on your strengths. Christopher Columbus never would have made it to the America's with doubt in his sails. John Wayne once said, "Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid!" Being stupid is telling yourself what you suck at 24/7. Just don't do it. If you want to discover the America's, you gotta have an unyielding belief... some call that faith.

2) Know what opportunity looks like. I bet when Steve Jobs and Bill Gates was first starting out, no one knew how successful them boys was going to be. In fact, if you look at their pictures in their youth, them fellas look like a couple damn hippies. I bet no one knew that opportunity for Steve Jobs was going to India for a year. I bet even fewer people knew what opportunity looked like when he got back and got to work on keyboards in his garage. I bet people started seeing opportunity when it moved out of the garage, got an investor, and started making mad sales. I bet folks truly knew what it looked like when it was in a four story building and cruising in a BMW. By then, most people who could have made mad wealth were gone. They already made their mind up on who Steve Jobs was and that opportunity just passed them by. Same story goes for Bill Gates. When he dropped out of Harvard and moved into a motel in New Mexico, I bet he never thought he would be one of Harvard's most successful Alumni. I bet people around him thought he was crazy, but the truth is, those who knew he wasn't harnessed that opportunity and made mad money doing it. Point of all this... don't judge a book by it's cover!

3) Build value where value players exist. I got a lot of people telling me I aint never going to be able to get my book on a shelf. Them are folks I won't never work with. It's like Joe Dirt said, "you can't have no in your heart!" What if Thomas Edison had no in his heart? Think the light bulb would have got invented? Or motion pictures? Or the radio? Or most electronic devices? Aint now way! Even cell phones require a battery.

4) When you find value players, build value with them. All these men I've highlighted had value. Someone saw their vision and built value with them. By value, I mean if Thomas Edison is working on something called a light bulb and needs zinc and glass, you get that man zinc and glass. If Steve Jobs has a vision about a touch screen device that does a gazillion things, you best start seeing what he's projecting, lest opportunity pass you up. If a nerdy little Harvard dropout starts talking about something crazy called software, I highly suggest you learn about it and get the man what he needs. Course this is hindsight and I know ya'll are going to say it's impossible to know, but the truth is, some people knew and built a crap ton of wealth. That right there is what I'm talking about!

Whew, that was a mouth full. I gotta go, but I hope ya'll like what we talked about here. Go check out my book! Prince & Princess.






No comments:

Post a Comment